4 June 2017

A Tryst with Terror (Part II)

It came all of a sudden, thundering down,
From a height that seemed nothing like I'd known,
Raising it's mighty head like it feared nothing,
Casting me a look sans mercy nor cunning,

I looked down for I could not look into its eye,
Though an honest man I thought I'd been,
It brought down the world I'd built on my own,
A world I thought, I'd carved out of stone,

Independent, I thought I had indeed become,
Leaning not upon the shoulder of another man,
And now I saw each brick, strewn upon the ground,
While my face became red, for I'd been found,

Fear, whom I'd hoodwinked for years on end,
Now smiled at me, pointing my game's eerie end,
I blink, guilty, for I cannot but concede defeat,
Surrendering to the very arms that put me in this plight,

I pick up the courage to look into those eyes,
Fearless, for now, I have nothing to lose,
I raise my brows in unavoidable question,
For to do what I'm told is my only position,

And suddenly I wonder, if I'm the victor,
For I feel in my soul, enormous power,
And I see now, more than I have ever seen,
That my life'd been the only thing holding me victim,

Letting go relieves me of every burden,
Releasing me from the cuffs that were on,
For yes, the hands still remain tied,
But how can I be, for now they're no longer mine?

5:28pm, 3.6.2017

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so deep and so very meaningful Raam. Congratulations, you are really gifted ma.

    ReplyDelete