25 August 2019

Hopeless

Flushed outwards from a realm holier,
I lie 'pon the surface of a depth I once rejoiced,
My heart filled with untold agony,
That fills my eyes with tears,

I wake, heavier, day after day,
Clinging onto the thinning rope of hope,
As the pain of being forsaken weighs me down,
And the nimble heart grows brittle and dry,

They see me dance and deem it joy,
But know not, in truth, that I writhe in pain,
Unable to share the pain I feel,
I drag my corpse through the tunnel of the day,

My nights are dark, long and damp,
Getting colder each day, on my poor skin,
And yet, I pull my sheets and sing,
To distract my soul, so I live another day,

Help will come but there's time still,
Time that's valuable, yet time to kill,
So come my friend, sit by this fire with me,
Let's share this warmth and sing a song.

1 comment: