15 March 2016

The dull after a storm*

The heart is wrenched dry,
Not unlike a piece of cloth,
Filled with gloom,
And false signs of impending doom,
When did I get so attached,
To people I hardly knew?
A void is all there is now,
A feeling that could well be mistaken for love,
I miss it - the waits,
The dissent, the laughs-
A song we heard,
A laugh we shared,
The inception of interest,
The birth of trust,
The mutual admiration,
The perspiration,
The tension, the fear,
Until it all became clear,
A team that was far too dynamic,
That towards the end it caused quite some panic,
It most certainly felt like a boon,
Too bad it all ended too soon,
The end of a holiday,
The morning of a Monday,
And yet, as they all say,
This memory is here to stay,
We may all drift away,
But I shall remember each and every single day.


Written on 14th March, 2016
This poem is an expression of how much I miss my drama team - the ones who co-wrote and performed "Flashes" written by me, at IIT Bombay's PC Saxena Auditorium (on 11.3.2016). The title is a pun on a dialogue I had written (lull before a storm)

1 comment: