30 August 2016

I fathered the woman I love

Upon a human's form,
I placed a mirror that reflected my heart,
Painted her in hues of my soul,
Breathing love into her eyes, life into her lungs,
Showering her with my attention,
Sanctifying her person,
Knowing all this was in my head,
Yet I worshipped it in a human external to me,
Who said divinity wasn't natural,
That the spiritual was forced?
Why, even idol worship is inherent,
For the human is all sentiment,
Alive in a soul that feels,
In a heart that melts,
In tears that flow,
Cold logic is but a mask,
Even like clothes we wear,
It is a presentation to the world,
And protection for the weak soul.

---

A continuation:

And then he approaches her,
The woman she is,
Wishing she is the one he saw,
He accepts the difference, bearing pain,
He calls these as faults, as complaints,
While they are merely discrepancies,
Between a person who exists,
And one who doesn't,
And all this for what purpose?
A soul's sport for pleasure,
Where one gets hurt?
Nay, it is self infliction,
For no pleasure and all pain

Written on 22nd August, 2016 at 6:08pm
Upon requests from several people for clarification, I'm putting this explanation here:
This poem talks of a person superimposing the qualities desires, on the woman he loves, thereby being in love with someone else, not the one she is.
The term "fathered" in the title is to imply that this imaginary woman is a product of our man's imagination and has hence been "fathered" by him

No comments:

Post a Comment