2 August 2016

Standing by the Funeral Pyre

Amidst blazing flames I stand,
Their fumes filling my lungs,
Fires that burn corpses,
Bodies that were once persons like myself,
Eating, walking, talking and living,
Ones who were loved, hated, ignored and cared for,
Persons that now lie as lifeless logs by my feet,
With no life in them to feel the heat,
That burns them into an ashy heap,
We see them now as mere things,
Objects that were once alive,
Ghosts of which dwell where I know not,
Haunting ruins, houses, perhaps floating around,
Or perhaps burnt away or in another world,
I, however, am haunted by a restless mind,
A bundle of thoughts clouding me from reality,
For I stand here amidst men who have faced doom,
And analyse it objectively,
Doom that I know lies on my path as well,
And yet, I fail to see,
That here lies my fate.



No comments:

Post a Comment