20 December 2016

The Dark Night

I sit, still and  numb, as dusk falls,
Inevitable darkness closing down upon me,
My blanket shivers along with my body,
Failing to shield me,
Even before Darkness arrives,

Guilt's eerie fluid wets my limbs,
Its dampness crawling within,
And while my teeth chatter in the cold,
I give up my grip and hope-

I wrap my arms in a futile try,
To save me from the freeze-
And a heavy burden falls upon me,
That of inevitability.

I stay quiet, but for my heartbeat-
For no scream, no shout will ever help,
Or save me from the wrath of this night.

I stay still but for my breathing,
Knowing in vain,
That no wife, no friend, no mother can shield me,
From the heavy arms of this formless beast,

Oh it is but unfortunate -
That the night I once relished -
Now holds nothing but fear for me.

Written on 4th Dec, 2016 (at LHC ground floor?)
I need to change the title but I see a weird reference to Batman and to Green Lantern's "In brightest day, in darkest night.."

No comments:

Post a Comment