28 January 2017

Handle Me Gently

Pray, handle me gently,
Valiant though you are,
Why do you choose,
To whisk me away in stealth?
Why not walk up to me,
And ask my hand forever?

Gentle and chivalrous, though you are,
You choose to pull me by the hair,
Forcing me onto your chariot,
And carrying me away,

Do you not wish me to see,
The love you are about to give me,
The care which you will shower,
Upon my undeserving self?

Why do you look upon me,
With such ferocity?
Do you not want me,
To love you from this very day?

Am I to only turn to you, helpless?
Giving in to your heavy tugs?
Do you not want me to love you,
For the good that soul you are?

I am but a poor girl,
Failing to fend for herself,
Berserk, yet deluded,
I consider myself a princess,

You sought me, and found me,
At an abode that none knew of,
Hidden within a crowd of millions,
And yet you found me with ease,

Now why don't you find,
Gentle ways to earn my love,
Why do you see the need
To force yourself upon me?

Oh dear Death, know this,
I seek to embrace you,
And I will,
But give me time until I see sense,
And I promise you now,
I will seek you the next time.

Written on 13.1.2017 at 11:30pm at C504, H13, IIT Bombay.

1 comment: