19 February 2017

I Seek to Be*

I seek to travel this land,
To go far away from this haven I call home,
To lose myself in crowds,
While sticking onto that tiny inkling,
Of myself that remains,
To shed my name, my past,
And be a man that I can't even fathom,
To be stripped of everything,
That makes me the man I am,
And to look at what remains,
when I'm clad in the bare minimum,

I seek to not just explore cultures,
But to paint myself in them,
In everlasting ink,
Forming new layers of skin,
Upon my naked soul,

To drink in lives of my countrymen,
Who've lived in nameless corners,
To learn tongues that twist mine,
In ways I knew not,
To be called a brother by every man of this nation,
I wish to shed even my gender,
Nay, my identity as a human,
To peel off anything extra,
To see what little suffices to be called,
A man of this land,
Perhaps even an animal,
That my country is proud of.

Written at 6:27pm on 11.2.2017 (I don't remember where)
*This is the second poem of this title that I've written. The first one is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment