30 April 2017

Will You Be My Vase?

Will you be my vase?

I've been running on a full heart,
Brimming with the nectar of love, spilling out,
And I can't take a single step ahead,
'Til​ I pour out a few drops,

Oh will you save me, my damsel?
Will you be my love, my dear angel?
Will you lift my burden of love,
Will you be my vase, holding it as I move?

I seek to ease my soul now,
Pouring a few cups out,
Oh will you be so kind as to bear,
A few cups of my love, my dear?

Oh please save me, my dear girl,
I can't breathe, holding this load,
I'm suffocated by this love I bear,
And I tremble in utter fear,

I stand alone, here, night and day,
My arms giving away,
Soaked in the nectar of life, 'till wet,
But being killed by its hefty weight,

Won't you open your arms full,
And embrace my wounded soul,
Won't you help me get up and move,
Won't you be my love?

Oh the flowers you hold, upon your self,
They look tired and dry, and old, and frail,
Let me feed them with a little nurture,
So they spring up, strong and mature,

Pray, help me dear woman,
For I've waited for aeons,
Take a few drops of the Elixir I hold,
And let me breathe life into their petals,
I will bring them to life again,
While you save mine in return.

Written, lying down at Marine drive beside the folks (they were sitting) at 8:06pm on 29.4.2017
Final edits made at room at 3:50am, 30.4.2017

2 comments:

  1. Deep feelings / Enriched experience... expressed so powerfully/ mellifluoucently..👍

    ReplyDelete